Otowa Law is a law firm generally working on legal issues related to personal and business matters. Otowa Law always makes every effort to realize the atmosphear where clients may feel peaceful, to hold the attitudes which induce clients to easily disclose their problems, and to establish the systems with which clients may comfortably consult with Otowa Law.
The first meeting with clients is for free even if it includes consulting on legal issues. If you have any concern with respect to fees for example, please contact and hold such meeting with us first. Please note that we can have a meeting even at a late hour or on a holiday.
The background of Kenichi Takahashi, the attorney-at-law of Otowa Law, is as follows:
(1) Bar Admission
- New York State Bar, March 2007
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations, April 1999
- Daini Tokyo Bar Association, April 1999
- National Bar Examination of Japan, November 1996
- New York University School of Law, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Corporate Law, May 2006
- Legal Training and Research Institute of the Supreme Court of Japan, April 1999
- Waseda University School of Law, B.A. in Law, March 1994
(3) Legal Experience
- Ushijima & Partners, Partner, October 2007 to February 2014, Associate, August 2007 to September 2007 and April 1999 to July 2005
- LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae L.L.P., Associate, September 2006 to June 2007
- Matters to be Noted in Japanese Civil Suits, in JAPAN BUSINESS LAW REVIEW 2012, at 40 (ILS Publications 2012)
2. Practice Areas
Otowa Law generally deals, both for persons and corporations, with legal issues such as ones on Family Law, Contracts, Torts, Real Property, Corporations, Sales, Criminal Law and the like. You, however, are not expected to know what law your problems are related to. If you have any problems, please contact us anyway telling us the problems as they are. Otowa Law would like to help you find the best solution for the problems.
In respect of setting the amounts of fees and explaining the details thereof as well, Otowa Law would like to establish the systems with which clients may comfortably consult with us. Specific amounts of fees may vary depending on what and how difficult the case is and, therefore, with respect to the specific amount on your case, please ask to the attorney directly, if necessary. Of course, you may make a decision whether you should engage Otowa Law on your cases after you have known your fee estimates.
The office of Otowa Law is around 8 minutes away by walk from Yokosuka-chuo station of Keikyu line. Also, we have coin-operated parking lots nearby.
Yoksuka Chuo Bldg., 13-20, Ogawa-cho, Rm. 7A, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa 238-0004
When you would like to make an appointment for counseling, meeting or the like, or you have some inquiry, please contact the followings.
We are really looking forward to your contact.